Friday, October 29, 2010

Stokes hopes for long Bhoys stay

01 Sep 2010 - 12:33:41

Anthony Stokes is hoping to establish himself in the Celtic first team after completing his transfer from Hibernian to Parkhead on a four-year contract.

Despite only being 22, Stokes has already played for Arsenal, Falkirk, Sunderland, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace and Hibs and accepts it is now time for him to settle down.

He told his new club's official website: "I'm delighted to get the deal all done and dusted. The last few days have been hectic and I'm now looking forward to getting into it and playing games.

"I'm hoping I can get one or two contracts here and really settle down for a long time because I'm enjoying myself in Scotland and the people up here are great, so for me it couldn't have been a better move.

"It's hard to settle when you're going to clubs on loan for two or three months at a time. It's hard to get into your stride and into your football so a few years here will give me some stability and something to focus on.

"The main thing for me is to keep my head down, work my socks off and get myself into the team and I'm sure the goals will take care of themselves after that."


View the original article here

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home