Saturday, October 30, 2010

Keeper Forster wants Celtic stay

06 Oct 2010 - 13:59:39

On-loan Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster has admitted it would be a wrench to return to parent club Newcastle United in January.

The youngster could make a return to the Premier League club with first-choice shot-stopper Steve Harper out injured with a shoulder problem.

Although Dutchman Tim Krul is deputising, the Magpies appear to be light on reinforcements.

But Forster believes it would be in his best interests to remain in Glasgow.

"It's pointless worrying. Football can change in 24 hours but hopefully I can stay. I would be a bit gutted to go back," he said.

"It depends on the circumstances if I go back to play then. Obviously, I am Newcastle's keeper and it is up to them.

"But I want to play week in, week out and sitting on a bench is not something I want. The only way I will progress in my career is if I am out playing in front of big crowds.

"I knew with being in Scotland I couldn't be called back right away when Harps got injured. That is fine by me as I want to be here playing for a massive club. I am exactly where I want to be."


View the original article here

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home