Saturday, October 30, 2010

Brown injury blow for Scotland

06 Oct 2010 - 09:47:05

Celtic midfielder Scott Brown will miss Scotland's Euro 2012 qualifier against Czech Republic with an ankle injury.

Brown is still troubled by a problem which required two rounds of surgery last season and is not in contention for the first game of an international double header on Friday evening.

The midfielder's injury absence is the latest blow for Scotland manager Craig Levein with the likes of Lee McCulloch, Kevin Thomson and Paul Hartley also absent and Barry Ferguson's recent decision not to come out of international retirement.

However, Levein hopes to have the Celtic captain available for next Tuesday's qualifier against world and European champions Spain.

Speaking about his injury problems, Brown recently explained: "I am not sure what it is but it's sore.

"I get it strapped up and it doesn't bother me on the park. It is just after the games are finished.

"Playing for Scotland means a lot to mean. Every cap could be my last one so I have to go out and make sure I am fully committed.

"We're missing a few experienced midfielders so it is not ideal if I am out as well."


View the original article here

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home